At last I've finished something…

Well it’s been a while but I have finally finshed some knitting!!! One of the Knit A Longs (KAL) in my Ravelry sock group is a year long attempt to knit with only stash yarn/work on WIPs (Work In Progress). Finally at the beginning of May I started a shawl using my Alaskan Nancy yarn – this was a yarn chosen from one of the swaps a while back. It’s gorgeous yarn & it was destined to be either socks or a shawl/scarf. I first saw this shawl on one of the members page, I thought it looked lovely but didn’t think I would be able to do it. But she encouraged me to cast on and assured me it wasn’t as difficult as it appeared. Apart from the 361 stitch cast on it was actually pretty easy. I started on the 3rd May & finished on the 31st May. It doesn’t resemble the original in size, but to be honest I prefer the scarf size & the person that recommended it to me said that their’s also did not come out as large. I have yet to block it, I have not done this properly before. I knitted a little scarf with a lace panel last year and instead of blocking it I washed it then pegged it on a clothes dryer using plastic pegs! It worked very well.

[plulz_social_like width=”350″ send=”false” font=”arial” action=”like” layout=”standard” faces=”false” ]

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s